.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pineapple Cobbler Crockpot

1 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, melted
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract; stir until mixture forms a smooth batter. Gently stir in butter.

Spread batter evenly in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (it will be a very thin layer) and scatter pineapple chunks evenly over batter.

Bake until pineapple has fallen to bottom of pan and top is puffed and golden brown and springs back slightly when touched in middle, 25 minutes. Cool cobbler slightly and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.

ALTERNATE IDEA
I cooked in 4 qt crockpot on high for 1 1/2-2 hrs then turned down to low; also I stuck a skewer under lid after 1 hr just so it didn't get too much condensation.Frankly I think the oven is a quicker option but it can be done in case your oven is already full.

14 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Kay Smith said...

Really yummy! I'll try this one again baked in my oven once it is repaired. My 4.5 qt crockpot did well. I did give it an extra 15 minutes as the center was quite mushy. Thank you!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous foodlover said...

I made this today & I really enjoyed it. Nice consistency & flavor. I will make this again. Thanks for the recipe!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So do you cook it in the oven or in the crock pot?!!! I am confused?!!!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Bluesbaby said...

It could be made either in a pan in the oven or a crockpot.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Jean C Blaisdell said...

Yes I am confused as well is this in crockpot or is this in the oven.
Please let us all know
Thanks

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Bluesbaby said...

This recipe lists an alternate idea of using a crockpot to a traditional recipe which is made in the oven in case you have it full (with ham and sweet potatoes or some other delicious dinner). I hope you try it either way.

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOTH! CROCK POT OR OVEN.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Gail Lewis said...

pineapple is by far my favorite fruit, this is well try. tho i will make for a diabetic with Truvia and in the oven first.thanks for a super good sounding recipe.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous betty said...

I don,t understand, you posted quite clearly, that it can be done either way, thank you for the recipe, its one of the easiest I have seen, going to try it.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Sarita said...

I have never tried Pineapple. I always use a large can of sliced peaches,juice and all.will try the pineapple. thanks,
sarita

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the same recipe I use for Peach cobbler, using peaches instead of pineapple. I've always wondered if it would be good with pineapple. I'll have to try it. Thanks.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought 2 pineapples yesterday. I think I'll try it with fresh pineapple!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brown sugar sound like it would be a tasty addition. Has anyone tried that?

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brown sugar sounds delicious kind of like a pineapple upside down cake yum



 

Post a Comment

<< Home