.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Bloody Mary


Found at http://kalebschwecke.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/our-house-bloody-mary-recipe/

but very close to what I make at home. I do add celery, dilly beans, pickled Brussel Sprouts, pickles, and black olives. I might even add a Kalamata olive, shrimp or Slim Jim if I have them in the house. Friends might get some cheese but I am not taking a pill just to have cheese here.

Ingredients
2 oz Vodka

1 c 100% Vegetable Juice, such as V8 (when we don’t have homemade juice we use the Aldi’s brand and it rocks)
1/2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs Frank’s Red Hot (more or less based on spice preference)
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp lemon pepper (my secret ingredient!)
1/8 tsp garlic salt
a few dashes celery salt
5-7 drops worchestershire sauce
a splash of pickle juice

Garnish to your heart’s content!
pickles, stuffed olives, spicy cheese, bacon, etc.

Instructions
1. I like to make my bloodies in a mason jar because the pepper tends to sink to the bottom as you drink, and this allows for an easy re-shake. This also requires a double-batch if you do a quart jar. However, if you don’t have a mason jar handy, just mix all these ingredients in a highball glass and garnish with your favorite accoutrements!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home