.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guy's Prawns with Bacon

If I haven't mentioned this before I love how Guy Fieri cooks. He holds garlic and onions in high esteem, as do I. How can you cook without them? He does like some things I don't; cilantro and bananas for example, so his recipes sometimes need some modification for me.

He's not into baking (nor am I) and I think I know why. I tend to cook with what I have on hand rather than looking at recipe to make a list so I can cook. I'm famous for substituting (with mostly good results) and just going with my gut instinct; neither of which works well for baking.

Today he made these shrimp with a modified Bloody Mary and Ravioli in a Cream Sauce

  • 20 each Shrimp, 21-25 count, shelled, deviened
  • 1/2 pound Bacon, partially cooked and cut in half
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 ounces Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons chipotle pepper in adobo
  • 1/2 teaspoon red chili flake
  • 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
  • 5 to 8 bamboo skewers
Directions

Soak bamboo skewers in water, to keep from burning during grilling.

Cook bacon partially, cut in half, and let cool on paper towel. Wrap bacon around shrimp, and skewer with bamboo through the point where bacon ends meet, to keep from unraveling. Skewer 3 to 5 shrimp per bamboo.

Combine all ingredients in blender, except bacon and shrimp, and puree. Separate the sauce in half, one for basting one for dipping.

Cook bacon wrapped shrimp on grill over medium heat. When shrimp begin to turn pink, begin basting with chipotle sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home