.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pumpkin Cake

When it gets cold I think cooking and gasp, even baking . . .people who know me get that baking is a rare occasion for me except at this time of year. While I love to cook, tweak, and adjust recipes. Baking is a follow the recipe kind of thing or it doesn't work. I think this is easy enough that anyone can do it, even me.


From http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2008/11/two-ingredients-pumpkin-cake-with-apple-cider-glaze/

Pumpkin Cake
One Cake mix- I used yellow
1 -15 ounce can 100% pumpkin- puree, not pumpkin pie filling

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl mix cake mix with pumpkin filling using a hand mixer or a stand mixer. heat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.

Bake for 28 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.

Serves 8.

Apple Cider Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. apple cider
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice

In a small bowl blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour over Pumpkin Cake letting it drizzle down the sides of the cake. Let set before covering.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home