.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Puff Pastry Bites

I always have puff pastry sheets in my freezer. They have endless uses, and I love that I can make most of my puff pastry appetizers ahead of time, freeze them, and heat them up at a moment's notice for last-minute guests. When working with frozen puff pastry, make sure you set it out to thaw at least 30 minutes before you want to use it, and roll it out on a well-floured surface to keep it from getting too sticky.

Pinwheels/palmiers: This is my favorite appetizer; I always make double and triple batches to store in the freezer so I can grab, thaw, and slice just the amount I need. Roll out your puff pastry so it forms a rectangle about one-third larger than when you started. Spread your choice of filling onto the pastry sheet. My faves include artichoke tapenade with shredded mozzarella, pesto sauce with sundried tomatoes, ham slices with sharp provolone … the list goes on. Roll the pastry sheet like a jelly roll, or roll both ends until they meet in the center for palmiers, and slice the roll into rounds about ½ inch thick. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush each round with egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

Puff pastry twists: These super-easy puff pastry breadsticks can be made sweet or savory to satisfy everyone's taste buds. My favorite versions are Parmesan and herb, cinnamon sugar, or brown sugar and bacon. The best part is you can bake a premade batch straight from the freezer in a 400 degree oven.

Puff pastry tartlets: Buy the puff pastry tartlet shells, thaw them, and stuff with all sorts of fillings for professional-looking (and professional-tasting) one-bite appetizers. Fillings I love include caramelized onions and Gruyere, cheesy scrambled eggs and asparagus, and chopped roasted root vegetables.

Read More: http://www.mashed.com/37515/one-bite-appetizers-fast-easy/

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home