.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Bourdain's Macao Style Pork Chop Sandwich

 I started by pounding the pork chop and marinating it in the fridge before dredging it in flour, egg, and bread crumbs. Then I heated peanut oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and fried the pork until it turned golden brown. 

Bourdain's recipe replaced the traditional, thicker bun with white sandwich bread, which I think brought more focus to the delicious pork but Rye Bread could work too.

While the pork was cooking, I toasted the white bread and topped it with a spicy aioli made from sriracha and mayonnaise.

I fried the pork chop until it was golden brown. Kaila Yu for Insider

Next, I took the pork chop directly from the frying pan and plopped it onto the toasted bread.

The final product was totally irresistible. 

The meat was tender and crispy, and the aioli added a bit of heat and tang to the bite. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home