.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Fiesta Bites

fiesta bites
from http://fearsfood.blogspot.com/2010/06/fiesta-bites.html

These were a cute little appetizer recipe from Hungry Girl's book. I was busy teaching piano lesson, so DH made them. We doubled the recipe and left out taco seasoning, plus used our own chicken. They were good, but I wish they could have been a bit more crispy. Not sure how to solve the problem. DH and I talked about cooking the crisps longer and the middle less, but then the cheese may or may not melt. I also didn't like that there was some of the powdery flour on them still. Not sure how to remedy that either - spritz them better with cooking spray, or wet them with water? Something I want to experiment with because I really liked the idea of a won-ton bowl. Although they are meant to be an appetizer, serve 4 and they are lunch. That is what we did.

Ingredients

24 small wonton wrappers
1/4 cup taco sauce
2 Tablespoons cream cheese (1/3 less fat) (actually, I think I'd swap this with sour cream next time. It would be way easier to mix and just as tasty.)
10 -12 oz. chopped cooked chicken (we used our pre-grilled)
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
1 tomato, diced (although DH didn't use this today)
lettuce shreds (we didn't add these, but I wanted to - just didn't have any)
sour cream (as I type, I'm thinking this would have been great)
additional taco sauce

Directions (I will be modifying these eventually)
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 - 12 cup muffin pans with non-stick spray. Place a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup, pressing it into the bottom and sides.

Lightly spray wrappers with non-stick spray. Bake in oven for about 4 minutes until the corners begin to brown. Remove from oven (but don't turn the oven off.)

Mix taco sauce and cream cheese (or sour cream) in a bowl. Add chicken and stir until coated. Add beans, corn, and cheese, stir well.

Divide amounge wonton shells. Return pan to oven and bake for 8 minutes or until chicken mixture is hot and cheese is melted.

Top with tomato, lettuce, sour cream, and taco sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home