.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Italian Sauce with Ribs and Italian Sausage

My Aunt's mother-in-law,  first-generation from Italy, taught my Aunt,  who taught my mom, who taught me to make sauce with baby back ribs and Italian sausage. It was always made on holidays and most Sundays...  with homemade ravioli or spaghetti. I don't know anyone but my cousin, who uses ribs, but I'm sure that folks on this site, might. When people do eat this for the first time, they flip out... 

I'm afraid I don't measure ingredients much, but here it is. 


Season ribs with garlic salt, pepper, and oregano and cut in 3 bone sections. Cut sausage in thirds. Brown all the meat you can fit,  in large pan with olive oil and repeat, when making larger quantities. Put meat in large pot of sauce

Sauce made with chopped and browned in olive oil, fresh garlic, oregano,  fresh basil, and a few bay leaves... add a few tablespoons of sugar( a little wine if you like). Add several large cans of tomato sauce, 2 cans, tomato paste, and 1 large can of whole tomatoes squeezed in. Heat to bubble then lower heat and cook for at least 5 hours or until rib meat falls off the bone.... stirring ( and tasting😉) often. Serve Spaghetti and sauce on separate platters and bowls. Add your choice of Parmesan cheese. Best served with green salad and red vino and Mangia! It is a real wow

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home