.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Brownies A La Anytime.

BROWNIE A LA ANYTIME – SINGLE SERVING BROWNIES MADE IN THE MICROWAVE
Found https://www.lovefromtheoven.com/brownie-a-la-anytime-single-serving-brownies-made-in-the-microwave/

Yeah, this recipe is a keeper.   Hot, gooey, dark chocolatey brownies in a few short minutes using the microwave and simple ingredients???   We’ll call them Brownies A La Anytime.…

At the very last moment I decided that I wanted to add baking powder, so this guy didn’t make it into the photo, but he made it into the brownies.   The ingredients are as follows.  This will make one generous serving.   It could be shared, if you are feeling generous, but I won’t judge you if you keep it all to yourself.

Brownies A La Anytime

4 Tablespoons Flour
3 Tablespoons Sugar
Pinch Of Salt
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (I prefer Hershey’s Dark Cocoa Powder)

1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
1-2 Tablespoons Oil (such as vegetable, canola or coconut)
1 Tablespoon Water
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla

You can top with a few chocolate chips or nuts if you like.

Melt your butter in a microwave safe bowl or cup (took me about 12 seconds).   Add the oil to your melted butter and mix well.  If you want a moister brownie, go for the full two tablespoons.  I prefer a really solid, dense brownie (which I top with ice cream adding a lot of moisture) so I use one tablespoon of oil.   Add in your vanilla and water, stir well to combine.    In a separate bowl or cup, combine all dry ingredients.



Brownie A La Anytime


As I said, I used only one tablespoon of oil, so my mix is a bit on the drier/firm side.   I pressed it into my ramekin.   You could also use a mug, microwaving things in a mug seems to be the popular thing, but being a non-coffee drinker (hello, Diet Coke!), I have more ramekins than I do mugs.

Single Serving Brownies Made In The Microwave
I added a few chocolate chips to the top.


I started with 45 seconds in the microwave and ended up cooking mine for about one minute and ten seconds.  That’s 70 seconds people – until hot, gooey, delicious, dark, sweet chocolate goodness.   SEVENTY SECONDS!   That’s like magic!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home