.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Recipes from Bluesbaby

Have you ever found a great recipe online and then later when you wanted it, you just couldn't remember where it was located? This is my method of hanging on to our family recipes and others too good to lose. You may have to scroll all the way down for the archives and link sections.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Chicken, chicken everywhere

I got some big packs of chicken, put that away in the freezer and then I found 10 pounds of "Amish Chicken' for less than $8 so of course I bought it too. Now the trick will be to vary it so I don't feel like its torture.

So far I have marinated chicken legs in Italian dressing with some additional garlic and oregano before baking it, marinated chicken in Teriyaki Sauce, baked it and served with a veggie dish I threw together: sweat an onion with evoo, then add 1/2 pkg fresh snow peas, 1 can of water chestnuts sliced, 1 can of mushrooms with soy sauce and oyster sauce to taste. Cook until peapods are tender crisp.

I used one of the chicken thighs in a Cobb Salad:
Romaine Lettuce
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 an avocado sliced
3-4 strips crisp bacon crumbled
1 scant cup assorted crunchy salad veggies I had left over (radish, bell pepper, celery, green onion)
cherry tomatoes
crumbled blue cheese.

Tonight its Chicken Tostadas with the left over 1/2 of avocado. I wrapped it tightly in cling wrap to prevent browning. Dice chicken and scallions. Slice black olives and cherry tomatoes while precooked chicken and onions are warming. Serve with shredded cheese (I like the 4 mexican cheese blend), salsa and sour cream.

Not suffering yet but ready for another kind of meat tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home